rfmadison: (icons)
[personal profile] rfmadison
So, I now have a new laptop with which to do stuff with. The laptop came with a bunch of programs, including Adobe Photoshop Elements 9. I haven't used Photoshop since middle school! But of course, I got so used to GIMP that I figured it wouldn't matter much.

Then I got to making icons based on a scene from Jade Palace Lock Heart. It was going along OK in GIMP until I tried to do this effect:



When I originally tried it in GIMP, Yang Mi's character Qing Chuan looked all blue due to the color of the original crop, so I decided to give it a try in Photoshop. After messing with some enhance options, I squealed out loud because OMG, it looked 1000 times better!!

To get a better visual, this is the original crop:



And this is what it looked like after applying "Auto Levels" on Photoshop:



SEE THE DIFFERENCE?!?!

I'm sure it can be done in GIMP too, but that would involve messing with a whole bunch of options that I would be guessing at. Looks like I'll be using Photoshop to "fix" my screencaps from now on. =D

Profile

rfmadison: (Default)
rfmadison

August 2012

S M T W T F S
   1234
567891011
1213 1415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 16th, 2026 01:24 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios